Advising Mission Statement: The Office of Student Success and Retention offers the resources and guidance necessary to help ABAC at Bainbridge students achieve their academic and personal goals.
Students are extended many opportunities to engage within the institution and within the community in order to develop a holistically improved self. Our counselors support students with their academic and developmental goals as they seek the best possible education at ABAC at Bainbridge.
Fostering students’ academic experience and holistic development
- Supporting student academic success
- Encouraging students to make informed and appropriate academic choices
- Identifying student risk factors and addressing them through appropriate mentoring
- Providing career counseling and job placement services
- Promoting self-awareness, self-respect, and self-reflection in the pursuit of heightened academic engagement
Upholding advising as a profession
- Fostering respect for academic and faculty counselors and the profession
- Demonstrating professionalism to students and colleagues
- Viewing advising as a career choice
- Expecting continuous improvement and accountability through professional development and performance review
- Promoting collaboration and outreach with all campus groups
- Maintaining the academic integrity of the University
Delivering effective advising
- Ensuring honesty and accuracy
- Delivering consistent and timely advice
- Establishing trust and reliability through relationship building
- Identifying student needs and addressing them realistically
- Respecting, caring for, and supporting students as they progress
- Appreciating the diversity and uniqueness of our students
We are located in the Student Services Building (One Stop Shop). Please stop by and let us assist you.