Office of Financial Aid Code of Conduct
In compliance with the requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (H.R.4137) assigned into law on August 14, 2008, the following is the Code of Conduct regarding student loans for the Office of Financial Aid at Southern Polytechnic State University.
Bainbridge State College:
In order to comply with the requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, the Bainbridge State College Office of Financial Aid promises to abide by the following Code of Conduct.
As employees of the Bainbridge State College Office of Financial Aid and the State of Georgia, we promise that:
1. We will carry out our duties with the utmost level of professionalism.
2. We will be honest and professional in all of our duties regardless of race, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, and/or disability.
3. We will not accept any personal gifts from a student, parent, or vendor of more than a minimal value.
4. We will not accept any travel expenses paid by a student, parent, or vendor unless those expenses are paid for while serving in our official capacity as employees of Bainbridge State College. These payments must be provided directly from the organization and be related to the duties we perform.
5. We will not use Bainbridge State College equipment for personal or unethical use. This equipment includes but is not limited to computer equipment, telephones, office supplies, vehicles, internet service, etc.
6. We will not engage in any unethical or immoral behavior while performing out duties. This includes but is not limited to sexual harassment, theft, inappropriate language, and inappropriate internet access.
7. We will not employ, promote, or transfer any family member to an office within the Office of Financial Aid.
8. We will not accept any gift, monies, or other form of payment that would alter any aid awarded to any student and/or parent.
9. We will not lobby any local, state, or federal government official in an attempt to influence any type of legislation without the express permission of the Bainbridge State College President and/or the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia.
10. We will follow all laws and regulations governing the awarding, disbursing, and processing of any and all types of financial aid both federal and state.