- The MOWR (Move on When Ready) Program provides an opportunity for high school students from eligible Georgia high schools to begin earning a college degree while simultaneously pursuing a high school diploma.
Admission Criteria for Move On When Ready (MOWR)
Test Score Requirements:
- Minimum SAT score of 970 (combined Critical Reading and Math) with at least 430 Critical Reading and 400 Math
- New SAT (taken March 2016 or later)
Students taking the new SAT must present a minimum score of 24 on the Reading test and a minimum score of 22 on the Math test. In addition, students taking the new SAT must present scores that meet or exceed the equivalent of 970 (combined Critical Reading + Math) on the old SAT. This determination will be made by converting a student’s new SAT Reading test score to the comparable old SAT Critical Reading section score and converting the new SAT Math test score to the comparable old SAT Math section score. The sum of those two scores must meet or exceed the old SAT 970 minimum.
NOTE: Students may wish to use the College Board’s New SAT to Old SAT Score Converter to determine if their new SAT scores meet or exceed the equivalent of the 970 minimum on the old SAT. Once the new SAT scores are converted to the comparable old SAT scores using the converter, students should add together the Critical Reading and Math section scores only (the Writing section score should not be included).
Minimum ACT Composite score of 20 with at least 17 English and 17 Math
Accuplacer Reading Comprehension: 63
Accuplacer WritePlacer: 4 (students with 72 or higher on the Reading Comprehension are not required to take WritePlacer)
Accuplacer Elementary Algebra: For placement into MATH 1001 or 1101: 67 or higher; For placement into MATH 1111: 79 or higher
- A minimum cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in academic subjects as calculated by the institution for admission purposes.
- Students must be on-track towards the completion of the USG Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) and high school graduation requirements.
- Students applying to participate in the Move on When Ready (MOWR) program must submit a completed MOWR Student Participation Agreement signed by the student, parent/guardian and high school counselor. The Student Participation Agreement forms can be accessed on the Georgia Department of Education Move on When Ready webpage. If the student is not applying to MOWR, written consent of his or her parent/guardian must be submitted if the student is a minor.
- All students must satisfy the immunization requirements prior to the first day of classes.
Admission Application Deadlines
Fall Semester – July 1
Spring Semester – December 1
Summer Semester – April 1
Note: Deadlines are subject to change at the discretion of the institution.
Admissions Advisor/Recruiter/MOWR Coordinator
*If you are taking online courses only, you may fill out the top of the form, sign the online disclaimer at the bottom, and submit the form; however, if you ever decide to take on-campus classes, you must submit the completed immunization form.