Frequently Asked Questions

About Admissions and Records
About Majors and Courses
About Financial Aid


How do I apply for admissions to Bainbridge College?
You can download application forms and read more about the applications process here.

How do I transfer credit from another school?
As part of the application process, you must have your former school(s) provide our Admissions department with transcripts of your work at those schools. Admissions staff evaluate your transcripts and determine which credits may be transferred and will post those credits to your BANNER web account.

How do I get transcripts from my last school?
Most schools have a process clearly described on their admissions website for how to request a transcript or will provide a phone number for more information. In some cases you must pay a fee. In all cases, you must submit a request in some form and specify where you want them to send the transcripts. For admissions to Bainbridge College, send transcripts to:
Bainbridge College
P.O.Box 990
Bainbridge, GA 39818-0990

Do I have to take the COMPASS test?
The COMPASS test is required of all applicants except those who score a 480 on the SAT I Verbal AND a 440 on the SAT I Math or ACT English 20 AND ACT math 18.  Transfer students can also exempt the COMPASS test if they have successfully completed English 1 and College Algebra (or higher math) at their previous institution.



What major should I pursue?
Some people seem to know right away what they want to major in while others have no idea. If you find yourself more on the “undecided” side of things, that is all right. If you do not have a specific career or major in mind, there may be different avenues you can take in your education. Many people spend a long time exploring areas of study that interest them before committing to one. The Student Success Center is a good place to start in your quest. Advisors can help talk you through the decision-making process and guide you to resources for helping you choose a major.

How long will it take to finish my degree?
It depends on the program you are in and how much time you have to devote to it. Certificate programs usually take one to two years. Transfer degrees generally take two years. The time it takes to complete all degrees and certificates depends partly on how many hours you take every semester and whether or not you must take learning support courses.

What classes do I have to take?
Each certificate and degree has a program of study that details what you must take. In most areas of study you have some flexibility in what you must take. See your advisor or learn more here about programs or degrees.

Where is the college catalogue of courses?
The catalogue can be viewed on the college website under Academics > Academic Schools and Programs > Catalog or here.

Can I take online classes?
Bainbridge College offers a variety of classes online in almost every majorTo take an online class, you need basic computer skills, your own access to a computer and the Internet, and good self-organization and motivation. Learn more about taking online classes. To find online classes look for “WEB” in the course title of a course in the schedule of classes.



How do I get financial aid?
Financial aid is money given by federal/state government to help students pay for college. The first step to get aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In order to complete this application, you will need to have a copy of your previous year federal income tax return. Once this application is complete, contact our financial aid office to see if they will need any additional information. After completing this process, you can see your advisor and register for classes. See the college financial aid office for more information.

How do I pay for my books?
The tuition you pay for college does not cover the cost of textbooks, but if you qualify for federal financial aid (Pell Grant, SEOG, Loans), you may be able to pay for your textbooks with any funds available after tuition and fees are deducted. If there are funds left over, a credit amount will be applied to your student ID number. When buying books at the college bookstore, simply present your student ID card at checkout. Please note that not everyone will be allowed to charge their books. A student’s ability to charge their books in the bookstore is dependent upon how much federal aid that the student qualifies for.For more information, contact our financial aid office.


Share This


Fall 2018 classes begin August 15! Ask about our new program offerings. Click here for a list of programs. APPLY NOW!