Commercial Truck Driving Admission Steps
2. Submit a Certificate of Immunization form.
3. Take the Compass Placement Exam or ASSET Test; minimum scores required.
4. Submit a U.S. Dept. of Transportation medical card reflecting an approved DOT Physical and drug screen. [The Decatur County Health Department or other area physicians are available to complete DOT physicals and drug screens. Times vary so call the Health Department or physician of your choice soon to set up an exam. The Decatur County Health Department charges $87 for a complete physical and drug screen. Minimum physical requirements include: 1) cannot take insulin; 2) blood pressure must be below 160/90; 3) eyesight must be at least 20/40 in each eye and both eyes (minimum with corrective lenses); and 4) you may be on blood pressure medication but you must take it.]
5. Submit a Seven Year Motor Vehicle Report from the Dept. of Motor Vehicles (nearest location: Thomasville – Hwy 84 next to Thomas County Central High School)
6. Complete the required forms to apply for the HOPE grant. [Visit the ABAC-Bainbridge Financial Aid Office for more information.]
Must be 18 years old to operate in the State of Georgia (21 to operate nationally).
Must have an MVR report with no more than 8 points or 3 moving violations in last 3 years.
No DUI in last 3 years, no more than one DUI in last 7 years.
Must submit a DOT CDL card reflecting an approved physical and drug screen.
Commercial Truck Driving (CDL) Checklist
1. Submit a completed “Application for Admissions” form to Admissions.
2. Submit a completed “Immunization” form, which is attached to your application. Your local Health Department or doctor can complete this form.
3. Take the COMPASS or ASSET exam. Both are given in the Testing Center (Library) and are available Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. For test preparation please visit http://www.gacollege411.org/TestPrep/default.asp and click on the “COMPASS/ESL & ASSET Preparation” link. There are exemptions for COMPASS and ASSET.
CDL students may EXEMPT the COMPASS or ASSET via the following:
SAT scores of 430 Verbal and 400 Mathematics OR ACT scores of 18 English and 18 Mathematics OR students who have passed a College Algebra or a higher level math course may exempt the Mathematics portion of the COMPASS and ASSET exams. Students who have passed an English 1101 or higher level course may exempt the English/Writing and Reading portions of the COMPASS and ASSET exams. Courses completed at other institutions must meet Bainbridge College’s transfer articulation requirements.
* Please let us know if you have met or exceeded the exemption requirements.
4. Submit a 7-year Motor Vehicle Report (MVR). Please submit this form at least one month prior to the start of the session. The MVR may be obtained from the Department of Driver Services or from the State Patrol office.
5. Submit any residency forms if you’re a resident of Houston or Henry county
in Alabama or a resident of Gadsden County in Florida. Failure to do so may result in you being charged an out-of-state tuition fee.
6. Submit your final college transcript(s) from the college(s) in which you attended in a sealed envelope. If your last name was different on your transcript, please let us know your last name as it is now.
7. Check with Financial Aid for available college funding.
* Students are encouraged to read and study Sections 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 of the Georgia Commercial Driver’s Manual (available in Admissions) before the first day of class.