Facebook Twitter Instagram Flickr

Jennifer English of Early County

Recently, Bainbridge State College awarded a Blakely student The Singletary Scholarship based on the merits of leadership and service to both the community and college.

Bainbridge State College is pleased to announce Jennifer English of Early County, as the 2016-2017 recipient of The Singletary Scholarship.

English has been attending Troy University for the past two years and this summer she attended Bainbridge State College. In the fall, she plans to begin the BSC Nursing Program.

The scholar was happy to be closer to home and expressed her gratitude for The Singletary Scholarship, which has assisted in college expenses.

“This scholarship will help me pay for my tuition while in Nursing School,” said English. “With this generous gift, I have one less thing to worry about. I will use this money wisely at Bainbridge State College and it will help me further my education, which to me, is one of most the important things in the world.”

After graduating the Nursing Program, she plans to continue her education and obtain a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. English’s overall plan is to go even further and pursue a Nurse Anesthetist’s Certification.

Education is something she feels very strongly about.

She said, “An education is something no one can take away from me. By receiving this scholarship, I have been inspired by the donors’ generosity. Hopefully, one day I will be able to help other obtain their goals just as they have helped me.”

The Singletary Scholarship is an endowment given by the Bank of Early Board of Directors. To be awarded the Scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria: full-time student, 3.25 GPA, have a financial need and be a leader on campus and serve his or her community.

Share This