12784653_1026548017402368_739280130_n

Bainbridge State College is pleased to announce its 2016 Academic Day honoree.

Yamantie Galnares of Bainbridge is the daughter of Fernando and Sanjuana Galnares. In 2014, she graduated from Bainbridge High School where she ranked sixth in her class. Currently, she is a sophomore seeking a degree in nursing. Her future plans include pursuing a career as a physician’s assistant (PA) or nurse practitioner.

When Galnares received the news of being named BSC’s 2016 Academic Recognition Day honoree she was both “flattered and filled with excitement” knowing she was selected as the institution’s representative.

“I was overjoyed and I know my parents are proud knowing that my hard work has paid off,” she said. “The entire Bainbridge State campus has really made coming to school every day enjoyable, and in a way comforting. Thank you to my professors who have always been willing to help in any circumstance. I only hope I can continue to make my school and parents proud.”

Academic Recognition Day was created in 1987, to celebrate individual academic achievement of outstanding scholars in the University System of Georgia (USG).

The USG Chancellor Henry “Hank” Huckaby will honor Galnares and other institutions’ honorees with a special luncheon after the March Board of Regents meeting.

Share This