Recently, Larry Lee of Bainbridge was awarded the Donald Alexander CDL Scholarship at Bainbridge State College—a scholarship created to honor the memory of a dedicated truck driver.

Elisa Alexander, the wife of the late Donald Alexander who passed away in a trucking accident, awards a scholarship biannually to a member of the Bainbridge State College CDL class upon completion to honor her husband’s memory.

Alexander was a full-time driver and trucking was his passion. During his life, he helped to educate many people who were considering the trucking industry. In addition, Alexander was an advocate for the Bainbridge State College CDL program.

Scholarship recipient Larry Lee views trucking as a vital industry in today’s business world.

“Through my research, trucking is one of the most important industries that the majority of other industries depend on in order to maintain and increase productivity in businesses,” he said.

In achieving his goals, both short and long term, Lee stays committed to his career choice.

He said, “My goals include being proactive while becoming a successful professional truck driver. Desire and dedication will help me in provided safe and commendable service and performance.”

And like Alexander, Lee is passionate about truck driving.

“Another goal is to keep my faith while continuing to provide for my family,” he said. “Every day I work to prove myself and skills that are a part of my becoming better at what I do.”

His future plans are to own a trucking company and to meet challenges in his life that will maximize the use his talents and interests. He says when he has invested enough in his retirement he would like to give back to new drivers wishing to make careers in trucking, while assisting his community.

Share This