The Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of Georgia Foundation awarded a scholarship to Bainbridge State College student Jonas Alex Hughes of Bainbridge on Nov. 5, when Fred Kitchens, the Executive Director of the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of Georgia Foundation, visited the Bainbridge State College campus.

Hughes was one of twelve Georgia students awarded with the full-tuition scholarship this year.

Since 1965, Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of Georgia has been awarding students scholarships all over the state. Over 1,000 scholarships and nearly $2 million worth of scholarships have been awarded during the past 50 years.

“The only thing we ask of you it to use the scholarship to the best of your abilities,” said Fred Kitchen. “And to remember your school. When you have the resources down the road—remember the school that put you there.”

Recently, Hughes moved back to Bainbridge and he heard about Bainbridge State College offering a Bachelor of Science in Business Management.

He said, “I was curious of this new program and I began researching different types of studies within the program. These different studies paralleled my thoughts on what I wanted to do as a future career.”

Hughes is positive his decision to major in Business Administration will open many doors for his future. His interests include carpentry and construction.

He added, “I dream of being able to combine what I love to do with a college education, and my degree allows me to do just that.”

Share This